Thursday, February 13, 2014

"Suddenly Sorceress" by Erica Lucke Dean - REVIEW



If you remember when I shared a bit about Erica Lucke Dean's new book, "Suddenly Sorceress" in an earlier post, I promised a review once I got around to reading the book. I'm all for keeping my promises, so here is the review.

Suddenly Sorceress is written in a genre I love reading. I've already read Erica's book that was released previous to this one, To Katie, With Love. It didn't have the paranormal aspect that I enjoy in my stories, but I loved it anyway. It was funny and charming and not easy to put down once I started reading. I knew that Suddenly Sorceress would be equally charming.

And I was right!

I picked up the book to take with me on the bus journey to take the kids to school. I didn't manage to start reading it on the way, but I finally found the time to read it on the way home from the school drop-off. I sat on the bus reading the story and became so engrossed in it, I almost missed my bus stop!


When I got home, I fully intended to set the book aside for a while and get some of my writing and blogging done, things I had been planning to work on for the day. But I was enjoying the story so much that I was reluctant to put the book down. I kept telling myself that I would read "just one more chapter" and then set it aside to get some work done. Yah, well, I kept telling myself that until I finished the book!

All in all, it took me about 3 1/2 hours to finish the book, and that with pauses to make myself coffee and lunch. I only get stuck into a book like that when it's really, really good.

Ivie is a funny and relatable character, and I did not see the cute twist at the end of the book coming at all! The story is full of humor and shares some very steamy sex scenes. Erica has brought her characters to life on the pages of her book and given them some crazy circumstances to surmount. I loved every minute of reading Suddenly Sorceress.


2 comments:

Erica Lucke Dean said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review my book!

Erica Lucke Dean said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review my book!