Thursday, January 24, 2013

What Are Your 18 Things? Blogfest - My 18 Things Bucket List



Jamie Ayres is hosting the What Are Your 18 Things Blogfest in celebration of the release of her book 18 Things


This was what Jamie said about the blogfest:
All you have to do is blog about things on your bucket list.  If you don’t have a bucket list, you should, and now is the perfect time to start! If you’re not sure what a bucket list is (blasphemy!), it’s something completely personal that each person should do (IMHO). It’s a great reminder that gives an extra boost to live life to the fullest and keep us looking forward, even when life wants to drag us down sometimes. Finish a marathon? Read the top 100 books?  I’m looking for fun, heart-pumping, poignant, or inspirational things that you want to want to do, or maybe already crossed off your list. And it doesn’t have to be 18 Things . . . it can be anywhere from 1-18 things (I just needed my title to get out there. Marketing trolls said so!)
Here are my 18 things, some achieved and some still to be done (and some are just big dreams. What's the point of dreaming if we can't dream big, right?):

1 - Lose weight and remain at a healthy BMI. (I achieved this when I lost over 145 lbs a few years ago and kept it off.)

2 - Complete and publish my children's chapter book.

3 - Complete and publish all three of my urban fantasy novels.

4 - Get my three picture books published.

5 - Write and publish my Skinny Dreaming book.

6 - Finish my flash fiction anthology and publish it.

7 - Finish and publish my YA novel.

8 - Write a writing guide.

9 - Have a house built the way my husband and I have always wanted.

10 - Go skydiving.

11 - Go bungee cord jumping (over water).

12 - Go to a writer's conference.

13 - Be interviewed on national television. (This was already done twice; once on Daybreak (a morning show in the UK) and once on Sky News (UK) when they interviewed me about my weight loss.)

14.Write a regular feature for a magazine. (This was done when I wrote for a magazine in California for over a year - articles about keeping kids healthy.)

15 - Write over 100,000 words, completing my novel in one month. (I achieved this during the 2012 NaNoWriMo, writing 100,163 words in 30 days. Before that, I'd  managed to write 50,000 words in 14 days the previous year.) 

16 -  Go to a country I have never been to before. (I've already been to the US, Mexico, England, Wales and Scotland.)

17 - Run writing workshops for kids. (I used to run a writing club for kids from home that my kids and their friends joined, but I want to do this on a larger scale. It makes me sad that very few schools today do not encourage or teach children to use their imagination and write stories, instead focusing solely on grammar, spelling and reading skills.)

18 -  Start my own publishing company.

What are your 18 things?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing! That is AWESOME you were able to keep that weight off . . . that's where most of us fail *raises hand* And wow, you have quite the writing collection! I wish you the best of luck~cheers:-)

Shallee said...

Wow, you've got some big goals! Way to be working toward them! Someday, my hubby and I want to build a house just how we want it, too.